In the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris on November 13, the U.S. Embassy in Sofia reminds U.S. citizens in Bulgaria to review the Worldwide Caution, which provides information on the continuing threat of terrorist actions and violence against U.S. citizens and interests throughout the world, including Europe.
Recent terrorist attacks, whether by those affiliated with terrorist entities, copycats, or individual perpetrators, serve as a reminder that U.S. citizens need to maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and France Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Bulgaria, located at 16 Kozyak St., Sofia 1408, at (+359 2) 937-5100, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is (+359 2) 937-5101; fax (+359 2) 937-5209. The website is https://bg.usembassy.gov.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.