Location: Downtown Sofia
- Lukov March Route: beginning at the National Palace of Culture and proceeding to Ulitsa Trakia 1.
- Anti-Lukov March Route: beginning at ‘Tsentralna Banya’ Park and proceeding to the Sofia Municipality building.
Event: A march on Saturday, February 16, 2019 starting at 5:30 pm at the National Palace of Culture. Approximately 1,500 participants are expected. The anti-Lukov march starts earlier at 2:00 pm at Tsentralna Banya Park, and approximately 150 participants are expected.
The U.S. Embassy in Sofia advises U.S. citizens to avoid this area during the late afternoon and evening hours.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Sofia, Bulgaria
+359 (2) 937-5100
+359 (2) 937-5101 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Bulgaria Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter