Deadline: October 6, 2020
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program offers 8-week, online university-level courses in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) developed by U.S. educational institutions.
What courses are available during the winter semester of 2021?
- Using Educational Technology
- Critical Thinking in the Classroom
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement (FSME)
- Content Based Instruction
- TESOL Methodology
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI)
For course description, please visit: www.openenglishprograms.org/GOC_Information
When do the classes start?
January 12, 2021 – orientation available Nov. 30 – Dec. 30 2020.
Who can apply?
- Be an English language professional.
- Have strong English language reading and writing skills.
- Be a Bulgarian citizen.
- Be living in your country for the entire duration of the OPEN term.
- Have regular and reliable access to high-speed internet connection.
- Be able to spend 10 to 12 hours online each week for the duration of the 8-week course.
- Be willing to be enrolled in a second or third course, if your primary choice is unavailable.
When is the application deadline?
October 6, 2020
How do I apply?
Send your completed application form to SofiaEducationPrograms@state.gov by October 6, 2020.
Application form can be downloaded from this page (top right).