The program is currently closed. Normally announced beginning in January.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), with the cooperation and financial support of the America for Bulgaria Foundation (ABF) is pleased to announce the 2014 Norman E. Borlaug International Agricultural Science and Technology Fellowship Program (Borlaug Fellowship Program) for Bulgaria.
The 2014 Borlaug Fellowship Program is administered by the United States Department of Agriculture, Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), and is funded by the America for Bulgaria Foundation (ABF).
The application deadline for the 2014 Borlaug Fellowship Program for Bulgaria is February 10, 2014.
Targeted Research Areas:
- Agricultural Market and Policy Analysis
- Animal and Plant Health and Veterinary Science
- Food Safety/Biosafety
- Advanced Agricultural and Food Technology
- Forestry Science
Candidates will be evaluated, interviewed and selected based on the following criteria:
- Citizen of Bulgaria;
- Good working knowledge of the English language;
- Holds a master’s degree with a minimum of two years of practical experience; Currently employed by a university, government, research institution and/or other institution with the intent to continue working in the home country for a minimum of two years following the return from the United States;
- Early to mid-stage of professional career; and
- Experience and focus in one of the targeted research areas;
Eligible candidates are invited to submit the complete application including the following attachments no later than February 10, 2014. Submitted applications should include:
- Application form
- Program proposal (2-3 pages)
- Signed approval of the applicant’s home institution
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official copy of transcript of college degrees
- One passport type digital photo
Please send all application materials in PDF format documents. Interviews for applicants who pass the initial screening will be held later in February 2014 (February 17-21).
To submit an application, please send to:
For questions relating to the application process, please, contact USDA/FAS Sofia Office:
Mila Boshnakova, Alexander Todorov
Tel: 939 57 20, 939 57 74
United States Embassy
Office of Agricultural Affairs
16 Koziak St.
1408 Sofia, Bulgaria
For additional information about the Borlaug Fellowship Program, please contact the USDA/FAS Coordinators for the 2014 Borlaug Fellowship Program for Bulgaria:
Edward Gerard Edward.Gerard@fas.usda.gov
Molly Rumery Molly.Rumery@fas.usda.gov