The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program offers 8-week, online university-level courses in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) developed by U.S. educational institutions.
What courses are available during the fall semester of 2021?
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively (TGC)
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into Exploration of Culture (ICT)
- Content-Based Instruction (CBI)
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom (ET)
- Teaching English to Young Learners (TEYL)
*Young learner 3-10 years old
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers (PDTT)
- TESOL Methodology
- English as a Medium of Instruction
- Fostering Student Motivation and Engagement
For course description, please visit: www.openenglishprograms.org/GOC_Information
When do the classes start?
September 28, 2021 – orientation available August 23 – September 17 2021.
Who can apply?
- Be an English language professional.
- Have strong English language reading and writing skills.
- Be a Bulgarian citizen.
- Be living in your country for the entire duration of the OPEN term.
- Have regular and reliable access to high-speed internet connection.
- Be able to spend 10 to 12 hours online each week for the duration of the 8-week course.
- Be willing to be enrolled in a second or third course, if your primary choice is unavailable.
When is the application deadline?
June 15, 2021
How do I apply?
Send your completed application form to SofiaEducationPrograms@state.gov by June 15, 2021.
Application form can be downloaded from this page (top right).