For high school students in grade 11
Deadline for submitting applications: January 3, 2021
Opportunity funding, provided by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, supports talented international students with the application process to U.S. higher education institutions. Opportunity Funds provides support to talented international students who are highly competitive for full financial aid but who do not have the financial means to apply to universities in the United States and who are not eligible for (or not funded by) U.S. Government-sponsored exchange programs. Opportunity Funds offers no guarantee of acceptance or financial aid awards at U.S. institutions.
To be eligible for Opportunity funding, a student must:
– be a citizen of, or officially recognized refugee in Bulgaria;
– work closely with an EducationUSA Adviser throughout the application process;
– apply to BA/BS degree programs at accredited U.S. higher education institutions and for sufficient financial aid to meet the student’s need;
– demonstrate that they and their family are not able to pay for the application process;
– current high school juniors (students in the 11th grade) are eligible for Opportunity funding;
– U.S. citizens and permanent residents, employees and immediate family of employees of EducationUSA Advising Centers, American Councils for International Education or a U.S. Embassy are not eligible for Opportunity funding.
The students apply for the program through the following Opportunity Funds Application Form. Please
send the form and supporting documents to EducationUSA Advisor Snejana Teneva at: email@example.com (the supporting documents may be in Bulgarian).
Please, download the application form here: http://www.fulbright.bg/en/educational-services/education-usa-advising/opportunity-fund-bulgaria/
1) Student’s high school academic transcripts (grades 9 and 10)
2) Parents’ income statements: January-November, 2019 (with letters from employers or confirmation from unemployment bureau)
3) Household expenses (review of monthly expenses (bills) and number of family members living in their household)
4) Copies of average utility bills and rent or mortgage receipts
January 3, 2021: Student application deadline
January 31, 2021: Award letters sent
For more information about the program, please contact:
Snejana Teneva, EducationUSA Advisor
Bulgarian-American Fulbright Commission
2 Vitosha Blvd.
1000 Sofia, Bulgaria
T: 359 879 164 096 M: 359 898 823 329
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Web: www.fulbright.bg; http://educationUSA.state.gov