Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission in Bulgaria.
To view a current list of all available job openings at the U.S. Mission in Bulgaria and to apply, please click on the button below:
All job applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
AERA SALES CLERK / BARISTA / ASSISTANT MANAGER
The American Embassy Recreation Association (AERA)
is seeking to hire an individual for the position
SALES CLERK / BARISTA / ASSISTANT MANAGER
OPENING DATE: January 25, 2024
CLOSING DATE: February 25 2024
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: 23,400 gross BGN per year
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Assists the American Embassy Recreation Association (AERA) Manager to run the commissary facility.
Serves as the main salesperson in the commissary, assisting customers with purchases.
As the AERA Barista, prepares hot drinks for customers on demand.
Uses a Point of Sale (POS) system to receive new stock, remove expired items and maintain current inventory lists to maintain inventory in check.
Ensures that all items in the store are properly priced with labels on each item and shelves are clean.
Rotates stock and displays regularly, removes expired items from the shelves.
Assists with submitting local orders, pick-up and transportation to the store, POS inventory, and displaying items on shelves.
Drives an AERA vehicle to stock to the store.
Protects and safeguards all AERA assets.
Performs any other duties as assigned.
All applicants are instructed to address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive supporting information.
- Education: High-school degree is required.
- Work experience: Experience in sales and/or marketing is considered a plus.
- Language requirements: English and Bulgarian – good working knowledge speaking/reading/writing is required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be proficient with using a personal computer and related MS Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and be able to learn how to use various computer software;
- Good customer service skills;
- Must be well organized and able to work independently;
- Possession of a class “B” driver’s license;
- Ability to lift up to 20 kilograms.
NOTE: Unless you meet all specified requirements, you will not be considered.
Please send a CV and a cover letter with provided detail information to email@example.com. Do not attach copies of certificates or any other documentation. Such might be requested if you are invited for an interview.
Applications for the position should be submitted in English. Only applications received by end of the day February 19, 2024, will be considered, and only short–listed candidates will be contacted.
The U.S. Mission in Bulgaria provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status or sexual orientation.