Event: Air Travel: Sofia flights information for April 17-18, 2020
To assist U.S. citizens considering departure from Bulgaria, the U.S. Embassy in Sofia will share information we receive from airlines regarding flights currently operating from Sofia airport. Please be advised that this information is subject to change at short notice.
Flights on Friday, April 17, 2020
- Wizz Air – Dortmund 07:10
- Bulgaria Air – Prague/Zurich 10:20
- Bulgaria Air – Frankfurt/Berlin 12:35
- Wizz Air – Eindhoven 14:00
- Bulgaria Air – Brussels 15:20
- Bulgaria Air – Vienna 19:25
Flights on Saturday, April 18, 2020
- Bulgaria Air- London 08:50
- Bulgaria Air – Amsterdam/Paris 09:50
- Wizz Air – Lisbon 13:50
- Bulgaria Air – Madrid/Barcelona 15:00
You may also monitor flight status on the Sofia Airport flight departures page.
- Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation and its accompanying travel restrictions, air travel options between Bulgaria and the United States have been decreasing. Many travelers in Bulgaria have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability.
- The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for Covid-19.
- S. citizens who are not prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period should arrange for immediate return to the United States.
- S. citizens planning to return to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
- Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
- S. citizens who need assistance should contact the American Citizen Services Section at ACS_Sofia@state.gov.
Actions to take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bulgaria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
- Visit the Bulgarian Ministry of Health website, which has information for citizens and medical professionals on its website at http://www.mh.government.bg/bg/informaciya-za-grazhdani/informaciya-otnosno-noviya-koronavirus-2019-ncov/ (Bulgarian only)
- S. Embassy Sofia, Bulgaria
+359-2-937-5100 (business hours)
+359-2-937-5101 (after hours—emergencies only—arrest, death, or danger to the safety and security of U.S. citizens)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bulgaria Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter