Event: Air Travel: Direct U.S. Government flights to Alexandria, Louisiana
International commercial flight options currently exist in Bulgaria. There will be two U.S. Government flights that will fly directly from Sofia, Bulgaria to Alexandria, Louisiana. They will have capacity for private U.S. citizens to fly on a reimbursable basis, leaving Sofia Airport on or about May 29 and June 1, 2020. Please note that all passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight.
U.S. citizens in possession of valid U.S. passports who are interested and prepared to travel should contact ACS_Sofia@state.gov with the information below. Please do not call to confirm receipt of your email; you will be contacted with additional information.
- Full name:
- U.S. passport number:
- Date of birth:
- Email address:
- Phone number:
- Country Visa Type, Number, and Expiration Date:
Individuals on this transport may be subject to Center for Disease Control screening, health observation, monitoring requirements, and existing DHS entry requirements. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. citizens without a valid U.S. passport who wish to depart on this flight should send the above information using the information of their most recently expired passport. Please indicate the passport is expired. You will be contacted with information on how to obtain an emergency passport.
- The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for Covid-19.
- Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
- U.S. citizens who need assistance should contact the American Citizen Services Section at ACS_Sofia@state.gov.
Actions to take:
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bulgaria.
- Visit the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
- Visit the Bulgarian Ministry of Health website (Bulgarian only)
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
- U.S. Embassy Sofia, Bulgaria +359-2-937-5100 (business hours)
+359-2-937-5101 (after hours—emergencies only—arrest, death, or danger to the safety and security of U.S. citizens)
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bulgaria Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter