Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Sofia, Bulgaria (March 29, 2020)
Event: Join Ambassador Mustafa on Facebook live Monday, March 30, for a Town Hall Meeting
Ambassador Mustafa will hold a virtual town hall meeting for American citizens in Bulgaria on Monday at 3 pm on Facebook. She will discuss the current situation regarding COVID-19 and how the United States Government can help its citizens.
Actions to take:
- Visit our Embassy Facebook page (https://m.facebook.com/USEmbassySofia) to attend the town hall.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Bulgaria.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Visit the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control.
- Visit the Bulgarian Ministry of Health website, which has information for citizens and medical professionals (Bulgarian only).
- U.S. Embassy Sofia, Bulgaria
+359-2-937-5100 (business hours)
+359-2-937-5101 (after hours—emergencies only—arrest, death, or danger to the safety and security of U.S. citizens
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Bulgaria Country Information
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter