The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will host a webinar on “Protect your clients and yourself from data theft” on Wednesday, August 17, 2016, from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Bulgarian time.
To register and attend this webinar, use the Protect your clients and yourself from data theft webinar link. Participants should log in 10 minutes prior to the start time. This session will be recorded and made available at a later time on IRSvideos.gov.
The webinar will cover:
- Security Summit initiatives for FY 2017, including enhancing tax professional awareness of client data safeguards;
- Increase awareness of legal requirements and best practices to better protect taxpayer information;
- Learn more about emerging scams from our Criminal Investigation expert;
- Outline steps tax professionals should take if they suffer a loss of taxpayer data; and
- A live Q and A with IRS subject matter experts.