Position Title: Human Resources Clerk
Opening Period: April 18, 2018 – May 7, 2018
Series/Grade: LE 305 6
For More Info: Human Resources Office
Mailing Address: U.S. Embassy Sofia, 16 Kozyak St., 1408 Sofia
E-mail Address: Sofia_Applications@state.gov
Who May Apply: All Interested Applicants /All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply (https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/eight-qualities-of-overseas-employees).
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Sofia, Bulgaria is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Human Resources Clerk.
The work schedule for this position is Full Time – 40 hours per week.
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (one month) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Position’s primary duties are in the areas of LE Staff recruitment and personnel administration. Assists with Local Staff Performance Management program and other HR related duties.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EDUCATION: At least two years university and college studies are required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of progressively responsible human resources and/or administrative experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good knowledge and understanding of human resources laws, regulations, policies and practices.
Level 3 (good working knowledge) writing/reading/speaking English is required. Testing of English language will be performed.
Level 4 (fluent) writing/reading/speaking Bulgarian.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Tact and diplomacy in dealing with all staff and external contacts.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and community.
- Good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure independently and in a team.
- Ability to prioritize work without reference to supervisor.
- Precision with details and numbers.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Benefits: The U.S. Mission in Sofia provides to Locally Employed Staff a competitive benefits package in addition to the base pay salary.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a local security certification. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on U.S. Embassy Sofia website (https://bg.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ ).
To apply for this position, applicants should electronically or via mail submit the documents listed below.
Only applications received in the Human Resources Office before the closing date of this job notice will be considered. Only short–listed candidates will be contacted for testing and interview.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit (for non-Bulgarian citizens only)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation (if available)
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information: the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Sofia, Bulgaria.