- Eligibility for a CRBA
- Step by step guide
- Create a MyTravelGov account. MyTravelGov is a secured, encrypted portal. Watch this video to learn more about creating your account.
- Visit eCRBA and submit your application online. Review the necessary documents for the eCRBA application here.
- Once you complete the online application and submit payment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment at U.S. Embassy Sofia, Bulgaria. Please allow at least 5 business days after payment submission before you request an appointment.
The child must appear in person at our office at the time you file the application. Both parents (even non-US citizens) must be present to execute the passport application.
Do you wish to apply electronically for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (eCRBA)?
- Yes, I wish to apply using an electronic application (I acknowledge that I must allow five business days between my payment and the appointment to use this option).
Once completed, print it out single-sided and bring it to your interview.
- Handwrite any information that needs to be added or corrected after printing out the form.
- Applicants using the online CRBA application do not need to complete or print the Form DS-2029.