While applying for a CRBA, the child may also apply for a passport. Use the following links to download the application forms. Please do not sign the forms until you are requested to do so by a Consular officer at the interview:
- Application for a Consular Report of Birth (DS-2029) (PDF 103 KB). On page 2 of the application, write each parent’s actual physical presence in the United States before the child’s birth in exact detail. Vacation trips abroad, schooling in foreign countries, and any other brief absences from the U.S. may not be counted as physical presence, and should not be listed on the application.
- Passport Application Form (DS-11) (PDF 101 KB). (Photo requirements.)
- SSN Statement (PDF 235 KB)
- For children born to a U.S. citizen father who is not married to the child’s mother, please fill out the Affidavit of Physical Presence or Residence, Parentage and Support (PDF 112 KB).
- Please do not sign the documents until requested to do so by a Consular officer.