Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

2016 Tax Filing Information for U.S. Taxpayers Abroad

IRS forms may be downloaded from the IRS web site at

If you would like to order a printed copy of your tax package, please visit Only one package can be ordered at a time.

The consulate does not have federal or state tax forms. Those forms may be downloaded from the Internet, or requested directly from the various states.

International Services

If you are a taxpayer with specific individual or business account questions you should contact the International Taxpayer Service Call Center by phone or fax. The International Call Center is operational Monday through Friday, from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Eastern Time):
Tel: 267-941-1000 (not toll-free)
Fax: 267-941-1055

If you are a tax professional or software provider calling about an e-file issue and it is not account related, please contact the e-help office in Austin at 512-416-7750 (not toll-free). Assistors are available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Central time).

Taxpayer service, formerly offered at the foreign posts of duty, is no longer available.  Please send your tax forms and correspondence to the applicable address indicated below.

Individual taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at:

Internal Revenue Service
International Accounts
Philadelphia, PA 19255-0725

Business taxpayers located outside the U.S. may also contact the IRS by mail at:

Internal Revenue Service
International Accounts
Ogden, UT 84201-0038

Residents of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands may contact the IRS toll free at 1-800-829-1040. (Hours of Operation are 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday – Friday). For face-to-face assistance information in Puerto Rico refer to Contact My Local Office in Puerto Rico.

Other items of potential interest

International Taxpayer Advocate:
To request Taxpayer Advocate assistance, call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free number at 1-877-777-4778, or refer to Contact a Local Taxpayer Advocate (LTA) in Caribbean U.S. Territories (Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands) and International or Contact a Local Taxpayer Advocate (LTA) in Hawaii & Pacific US Territories (Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands).

You may track the status of your refund at

Help with U.S. Taxes

The following persons provide assistance with U.S. tax issues. The American Embassy at Sofia, Bulgaria, assumes no responsibility for their professional ability or integrity.

Contact: Marc J Strohl, CPA
Yuzhen park, “Episkop Protogen” street, block 43, office 1
1408 Sofia, Bulgaria
Office- +359 2 468 72 58
Mobile +359 892 247 409
USA Office +1 212 714 1805

Contact: Hristo I. Ivanov, CPA, EA, ADIT
1 Pope John Paul II Sqr, Office 4
Sofia 1164,Bulgaria
Office Phone +359 2 494 0550