Lost/Stolen Passport – 16 and Over

To prevent misuse or identity theft, the loss or theft abroad of a U.S. passport should be reported immediately to the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  U.S. citizens may also report the loss directly to the Department of State’s Passport Office.  To replace a lost or stolen passport, U.S. citizens must appear in person in the Consular Section and present the following:

  1. Proof of citizenship (U.S. birth certificate, naturalization certificate, certificate of citizenship or consular report of birth abroad).
  2. Proof of identity (a U.S. government-issued or a foreign photo ID such as driver’s license, passport or lichna carta).
  3. A police document certifying that the passport loss/theft has been reported to the Bulgarian police authorities.
  4. One photograph 5 cm x 5 cm (not older than six months).
  5. A completed but not signed passport application form.
  6. A completed and signed DS-64 Form.

Passport Fees Calculator

You may pay cash in U.S. dollars or Bulgarian leva or by credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners. Personal checks are not accepted.

Please Note: The Application Fee is a non-refundable processing fee and is retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued.

Please schedule an appointment before you come.