U.S. citizens may apply at the Consular Section for a passport renewal if you meet the following conditions:
- You can submit your most recent passport.
- You were at least 16 years old when your most recent passport was issued. Please note: if your most recent passport was issued when you were under 16 years old, you must apply as a first-time applicant.
- Your most recent passport was issued no more than 15 years ago. Please note: if your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago, you must apply as a first-time applicant.
- You use the same name as on your most recent passport; or have had your name changed by marriage or court order and can submit proper documentation to reflect the name change.
You must submit the following:
- Your most recent passport
- One photograph 5 cm x 5 cm (not older than six months)
- A completed and signed Form DS-82.
- Documentation of name change (if applicable, and if original document is not in English, translation must be included)
You may pay cash in U.S. dollars or Bulgarian leva or by credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners. Personal checks are not accepted.
Please Note: The Application Fee is a non-refundable processing fee and is retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued.
Please schedule an appointment before you come.