- Which form do I need to fill out? Check out this link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/apply-renew-passport/form-finder.html.
- Use the American format for your date of birth: MM/DD/YYYY (month/day/year)
- You must provide your Social Security Number. If you fail to provide the information, you will encounter a delay in processing and/or denial of your passport application.
- Include a valid email address where you can be reached.
- Include a valid local phone number where you can be reached.
- List a local (Bulgarian) mailing address. This could also be a hotel address, friend’s address, etc. If your permanent address is not the same as mailing, please fill out a street address (no P.O. box)
- List all other names you have used: maiden name, legal name change, name change due to marriage/divorce.
- Height: Please do not leave blank, fill out your height in feet/inches.
- Hair Color: Please do not leave blank.
- Eye Color: Please do not leave blank.
Please print the application forms on SINGLE-SIDED PAPER – double-sided printing will not be accepted.
- Please bring one color photograph 5 cm x 5 cm(not older than six months). Check the requirements at https://bg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/photos/.
- Use the Passport Fees Calculator at https://bg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/fees/.
You may pay cash in U.S. dollars or Bulgarian leva or by credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diners. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Do you need to bring any additional documents? Carefully check our website: https://bg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/
- Schedule an appointment online at https://bg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/appointments/.
You may find a list of prohibited items when visiting the Embassy and information about parking at https://bg.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/visiting-embassy-u-s-citizen-services/.
We reserve the right to reschedule your appointment if you are late or come unprepared.