If you are a victim of crime, remember it was not your fault. We are here to assist you with information about resources for crime victims in Bulgaria and in the United States, getting legal and medical assistance as well as providing Consular services like replacing a passport, financial assistance to get back home, contacting your family if you wish so and much more.
The most important thing is to make sure that you are safe, or can get to a safe location.
If you need emergency assistance and/or want to report a crime, call 112 (24/7).
If you are calling from a Bulgarian phone number, you may need to wait to be transferred to an English-speaking operator. If you are calling from an international phone number, your call will be directed to an English-speaking operator automatically.
Contact the U.S. Embassy!
Tel. +359 (2) 937-5101 (24/7)
Tel.: +359 (2) 937 5100 (from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on business days)
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you think that it is safer for you to not talk on the phone or receive calls back at this time. Please note that we monitor this mailbox during working hours only.
How We Can Help:
- Contact family, friends, or employers with written permission, in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974
- Provide information to facilitate access to appropriate medical care.
- Provide a list of local lawyers.
- Replace a lost or stolen passport.
- Explain financial assistance options, such as assistance available to return to the United States.
- Provide information about local points of contact or organizations who discuss relevant host country laws and implementation of those laws.
- Follow up on the status of your case in the local criminal justice process when applicable.
- Connect you to overseas and U.S.-based resources for victims of crime, if available.
- Investigate crimes.
- Provide legal advice or represent you in court.
- Serve as official interpreters or translators.
- Pay legal, medical, or other expenses for you.