Department of State’s website at Absentee Voting for U.S. Citizens Abroad provides updated information on absentee voting for Americans living abroad including:
- Absentee Voting Basics
- Registration/Absentee Ballot Request
- Receiving Your Blank Absentee Ballot
- Voting and Returning Your Ballot
- Using an Emergency Write-In Ballot
- The Voting Assistance Officer can be reached at email@example.com .
- If you need notary services, schedule an appointment online. This is a no-fee service.
- Voting-related materials can be mailed from the consular section back to the U.S. via diplomatic pouch. Voters are advised that this option will take 3 to 4 weeks and should plan to mail their absentee request forms and ballots accordingly to ensure the materials arrive prior to the deadlines. Fvap.gov should be consulted for updated information and deadlines for each state.