U.S. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central European Affairs and Special Envoy for Holocaust Issues Matthew Boyse is leading a U.S. delegation at the high-level U.S.-Bulgaria Strategic Dialogue today in Sofia. Discussions will center on global issues, defense and security, economy/trade/energy cooperation, and rule of law. Deputy Assistant Secretary Boyse is joined by Ambassador Mustafa and a high-level team of U.S. government representatives who are visiting from Washington, DC, including:
– U.S. Department of State Director of the Office of South Central Europe David Kostelancik;
– U.S. Department of State Office of Russian Affairs Political Unit Chief Scott Parrish;
– U.S. Department of State Bureau of Energy Resources Director for Europe, Western Hemisphere and Africa Colin Cleary;
– Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense, Director for European Policy, Central and Southern Europe Alton Buland; and
– U.S. Department of Justice Office of Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance, and Training Regional Director for Central and Eastern Europe/Near East Paul Vaky.