- How to Apply
- The Interview
- Case Status
- After the Interview
The U.S. Embassy in Sofia will send you instructions regarding your K1 visa interview. Important: Do not pay a fee or schedule an appointment before you receive these instructions.
After you have collected all required documents listed on usvisas.state.gov, including submitting the non-immigrant visa application form (DS-160), you have to pay a fee of $265 and then schedule an appointment for a K1 visa interview. After the appointment is scheduled, you must contact one of the authorized clinics to schedule an appointment for the medical examination. The results of the medical examination have to be submitted along with the required documents at the time of the interview. All documents should be submitted in original, a photocopy and translation into English.
List of the required documents and fees for the interview:
- Confirmation page of the completed DS-160 form. In case that the applicant has children who will apply for a K-2 visa, a separate form DS-160 has to be filled out for each child;
- Two photographs 5×5 cm, face, without glasses;
- Valid passport;
- Birth certificate;
- Police certificates – in addition to supplying a police certificate from the present place of residence, the applicant must also present police certificates from any place or places of residence for six months or more since attaining the age of 16. Police certificate is unavailable in Bulgaria;
- Court certificate from Bulgaria (for all applicants, Bulgarian citizens or residents in Bulgaria, over the age of 16);
- Certificate of Marital Status, Spouse and Children for all Bulgarian citizens over the age of 18;
- Evidence of termination of any prior marriage of beneficiary;
- Proof of relationship to the petitioner, e.g. photographs, emails, telephone bill etc.;
- Certificate of Medical Examination performed at one of the designated clinics. You have to take four photographs to the clinic for the medical certificate.
- Affidavit of Support I-134, signed by the petitioner; and
- K1 visa fee payment receipt.